BONE SAFETY MODELS
Ensuring bone integrity with superior bone safety models.
Many compounds regularly used in the clinical setting have the ability to modify the bone remodeling process. They include, but aren’t limited to:
- Compounds that may have an effect on calcium homeostasis, PTH/CT/1,25VitD axis
- Compounds that alter the differentiation of marrow cells
- Compounds that are composed of heavy metals
- Compounds that may affect gonadal hormones
- Compounds that may have an effect at the pituitary/hypothalamus axis
Compounds of this nature are commonly used in the clinical setting (heparin, warfarin, cyclosporine, glucocorticoids, medroxyprogesterone acetate, cancer drugs, and thyroid hormone are all examples), and they all pose a threat to bone physiology; most if not all of them are associated with an increased risk of fractures. Keep scrolling to check out PharmaLegacy’s bone safety models, and get in touch with one of our experts for more information.
MODELS / SERVICES
Ensuring superior quality:
- Electronically managed, traceable research data
- Capacity to house over 20,000 rodents and large animals
- FDA Part 11 compliant
- 600+ validated animal models of disease spanning 40+ diseases